The end and the beginning

I thought I was finished with my flower field about a month ago. In my mind I had laid 12 rows of compost which was approximately half of one side of the one acre plot. (otherwise known as a quarter acre) I still had plenty of soil but I thought this is a good stopping point for this season. Then Martin came along and applied actual math and measurements to the situation and it looked like no, I was not done. Not even that close.

But NOW, now I am done. Although I still have three quarters of an acre to finish, but that can start happening in the Autumn. This is good for now. Technically I probably should have done another row, but to hell with math, I need to get on with life. Here is a little video of my progression over the months. It made me cry a little...

And now I can get onto the business of growing flowers! I've been a seed sowing fool this last month but it has been so cold things are slow to start. Today I put some gladioli into the poly tunnel...

IMG_4602.jpg

 

and planted out my ranunculus I started inside. I am actually hopeful they will grow! (I have had bad luck with these beauties in the past) Roses have been pruned, they just need to be fed, and I can get started planting the very fine shrubs I bought a couple of weeks ago. 

So all in all I am feeling pretty good! Today.